SNF Chemtall, a subsidiary of SNF Holding Company is currently seeking Chemical Plant Operators. This position packages polyacrylamide powder, liquid, or emulsion to meet customer specifications.
- Operate and troubleshoot problems with bag machine.
- Accurately log and retain data i.e. bag weight sheets, blend sheets, and Powder Plant Inspections.
- Make standard and specialty blends without exceeding blender capacity.
- Prepare pallet samples as required.
- Ensure that finished product is packaged and labeled correctly.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Identify and understand properties and hazards of chemicals.
- Understand and follow permit procedures i.e. confined space, hot work, and line break.
- Identify, communicate and mitigate if possible all unsafe behaviors, conditions and spills.
- Operate forklift and conduct forklift inspections.
- Capability to wear the standard PPE in the plants, to include hard-hat, safety glasses, and steel toe boots, long pants, long sleeve shirts, paper dust suits, hearing protection and a full-faced respirator.
- Will be exposed to chemicals and heavy machinery used in the manufacturing of polyacrylamide powder.
- Georgia Work Ready Certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- No Felony convictions in past seven (7) years.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work overtime and work rotating shifts.
- Ability to multi-task, must be a quick learner and able to adapt to change.
OPERATOR HIRING PROCESS:
1. Interested candidates can log onto www.savannahtech.edu to schedule the Georgia Work Ready Test or Work Keys Skills Assessment. To register for SNF Holding Company, please complete the "Company Specific Work Ready" form (the yellow registration box) and indicate "SNF Holding Company" or "Chemtall" in the "Referring Company" field.
2. Once candidate successfully passes the Work Ready test they may apply for the Chemical Plant Operator position on the SNF Employment website: http://employment.snfinc.com
3. Candidate applies for the Chemical Plant Operator position by uploading a recent resume and cover letter to the employment site. Immediately following the upload a 38 question work related test will be administered.
4. Candidates will be scored and the top scoring candidates will be asked to complete the SNF Application for Employment.
5. Applications are reviewed and those candidates that meet qualifications are scheduled for a phone interview with a company Recruiter.
6. Selected candidates are invited to interview with a specific Plant Supervisor.
7. If candidate is selected they are made a contingent job offer by the company Recruiter.
8. Pre-Employment Physical, Nationwide Background Check, Driver’s License Verification, last completed Education Verification and Driving History Check are conducted.
9. Selected candidate is notified of results and given a tentative start date.
SNF Holding Company, the USA subsidiary of France based SPCM SA, was founded in 1986 and is a privately held Specialty Chemical Company. As the world’s largest water-soluble polymer manufacturer, we produce products which are used to treat water – one of our most precious resources. Headquartered near Savannah, Georgia, we serve municipal water treatment facilities and the manufacturing, mining, oil, natural gas, personal care and agricultural industries. SNF also manufactures a full line of polymer feed equipment and offers unparalleled technical service and support.
Our Vision is to be the world’s preeminent producer of water soluble polymers. SNF’s Mission is to assure our clients the most reliable source and the broadest range of polymers and services with the quality and price they need to meet their performance goals. Our Core Values are Trust, Respect, Accountability, and Creativity.
- 4000 Employees Worldwide; 1500 in North America
- 18 Manufacturing Sites Worldwide; 10 Locations in the United States
- Presence in 130 Countries
- 1100 Products used for Everyday Life
- 30,000 Customers
- 300,000 End Users
- Commitment to research and the creation of new products
SNF Holding Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, relying on the diversity of our workforce to drive innovation and growth. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as unlimited opportunities for professional growth. Female, minority, vietnam-era veterans, and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
(Professional Positions) Maria Whitfield - firstname.lastname@example.org
(Operator Positions) Maria Whitfield – email@example.com